Friday 8 May 2009

One of those fabrics...

I bought this great summer flower print fabric a couple of years ago, but I never really knew what to do with it.

I was thinking it would make a cute shift dress, but when it came turns out it was thick upholstery canvas (the curse of online fabric shopping!) 



Bags seemed the way to go, so I want to make myself a big summer bag.
Finding the right detail to add is proving tricky. So far I have:

Embroidered with the pattern (above left)
Appliqued a print cutout (above right)
Bows (below left)
Fabric flowers (below right)
...all with a healthy spattering of vintage buttons



All cute, but not the one for me.
Without knowing how it looks I do seem have a certain bag in mind. After all the experimenting I am down to my last 1/2 metre and the next one has to be 'The me summer tote'
Any ideas? Mainly my problem seems to be the 'something added'. How would you decorate a tote this fabric?

xo

p.s. I did kind of make the print into a cute shift dress, albeit as an embroidered doodle doll.



p.p.s. it's Randi of Squishy Cute Stuff's birthday Sunday and all she wants is a little voting action... go make her day!

1 comment:

  1. I adore this doodle doll...you should think about putting these in your Etsy?Folksy shops as I'm sure they'd go down a treat! x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!
It's so nice to hear what you think...