Tuesday 28 July 2009

A Brief History of Blanket Bunnies...

(or what those thingies at the end of the last post were)

Bunny 1 "J"

This is a Blanket Bunny... you'd probably guessed that already but I had to start somewhere.
This is in fact the very first one and this is how he came about with 7 other little friends...

Bunny 2 "L"

Long, long ago (also known as April) I was contacted by Neville Bunny's adoptive mum who wanted a snuggly for her baby. Not knowing what a snuggly was made this a bit of a puzzle, but I like puzzles so I said I'll give it a go...

Bunny 3

Well... it turns out a snuggly is something playful yet soothing, part toy and part comfort blanket.
So thats what I stitched a Bunny toy with a blankety tummy, which meant they rather named themselves "Blanket Bunnies"

Bunny 5

They are rather square tummied creatures, made of squishy soft fleece with cotton patches for texture and a bit of colour. A nice wide belly at 10 inches across, but from the side...

Bunny 4

...they are quite skinny bunnies, quite empty and floppy though their faces and paws are well fed. And of course they haven't all been boys...

Bunny 6

My favourite thing about them is their pose-ability. Its incredibly hard to get a good picture of them in their lazy flatness with the little good photo space I have but they will happily sit...

Bunny 7

...or let you hug them tight around they middles...

Bunny 8

...or lie and show you their little bunny tails!

So there they are! 8 happy baby Bunnies all together, almost in the order they have been skipping off the sewing machine. I'm pleased to say most have found new homes, the very first with a big "J" for Jack on his belly, very closely followed with some other personalised ones which is something I love to do. I do hope to have some in my little shops soon...

'Soon' will more than likely be September as my army boy is off to do his army thing in just a few weeks and I plan to spend as much time as possible with him before he goes. I'll keep blogging patchily no doubt and I'm still be stitching, though once he is off I hope to keep busy by being a whirlwind of craftiness...

One final Bunny pic...

Bunny 4 again

...and off I hop!
xo

2 comments:

Thanks for your comment!
It's so nice to hear what you think...