Sunday 27 September 2009

End of Summer

I like nice September days.
I appreciate the warmth and light more when I know it could be the last summery day.


Every sunny day I pick out a summery something for its possible last outing of the year. Today its my new favourite skirt which I picked up in a sale a few weeks ago. It has two patch pockets on the front perfect for little finds, but my favourite favourite favourite thing about it is the fabric.

From a distance, it looks like a dotted line pattern but when you get close...


Synchronised swimming ladies!
There is something so delightful about them. I have my fingers crossed that I'll be able to take this skirt to the seaside on a mild grey Autumn day and fill those pockets with shells and sea glass. Why patch pockets make me want to collect things like a 6 year old I'll never be able to explain...


Hope you have had some end-of-summer sun on your Sundays too!
xo


Speaking of delightful fabric, The Black Apple is giving away some bundles...

2 comments:

Thanks for your comment!
It's so nice to hear what you think...