Tuesday 29 July 2008

Colour Me Happy


I've been quietly working away on some new mini totes.
  


The results are a set of birthday gift bags.
Four hand drawn 'Happys' with colour for the first time.

I'm really pleased with how the colours look. I've always been a little wary of using colour on my bag drawings and it's mainly because of the colours available to me. I use textile inks in pen form and find it really difficult to find the softer colour I prefer. I seem to come across a lot that are bright, neon or very dark. I have picked up so many over the past year and maybe have 4 colours which I love. I will, as ever, continue to experiment and look for new brands and colours of pens, but am also starting to look at bottled inks and brushes. I haven't used textile paints for years, as the pens were suited my casual use better, being less hassle and mess for making a bag every now and again, but I may revisit them soon. 
  

I have also adjusted the pattern slightly so the mini totes now have flat bottoms and are all the cuter for it. 
There are pictures of each bag in full over on my Flickr, and they are all for sale at Archie and Mabel's now.
(Some will be made for my etsy shop soon)

***
And that was post 99.
I do hope you'll join me in the next couple of days for my 100th!
I can't tell you what it will entail, as I'm not entirely sure, but I would love to share it with you.
Any suggestion for how to mark a 100 will be gladly received 
(and possibly followed!)

xo

I saw on the news after posting that there was an earthquake in California, and I know a couple of you who stop by here and my flickr are from there. I hope you and your loved ones are all ok.
*Hugs*

1 comment:

  1. We are OK in california; thanks for the concern! :)

    Oh, I like the one with a pink top and the white cake part. CUTE coloring!

    And, I can't wait to see what you have in store for the 100th post!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!
It's so nice to hear what you think...