Sunday 3 May 2009

Little Not-so-Tough Guy

My 1st finished crochet piece!
and its an odd one...

So I'm trying out more little sample squares and one lumpy one reminds me of those spiked dog collars. I couldn't help myself...


It looks kinda cute in real life, but most the pictures make him look a little village-people-esque hee hee

(no dogs were harmed, just sleepy so still picture could be taken)

To make the soft tough guy collar, (I think) I made a chain of 49 in black, then a row of double crochet stitches. The second row was 2 single crochets then 5 double crochet in the 3rd stitch all gathered at the top and 3 single crochets before doing the 5 dc and 3 sc again and repeating that all the way to 2 before the end, then 2 sc at the end. The third and final line was all double crochets again. All the gathered 5 dc were in white, which I guess is obvious, but hey I'm a newbie. I hope that makes sense!

xo

3 comments:

  1. Ok, first...what kind of dog is that? and can I HAVE HIM??? OMG he is so adorable, and looks precious with the collar you made. Congratulations on taking the plunge into crochet, my heart beams with pride for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is he a King Charles Spaniel? He is really sweet! I love that "tough" collar...Tiffin needs me to make him one ☺

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!
It's so nice to hear what you think...