Monday 21 July 2008

Cozy Home

I know I said somewhere that my idea for Cozy Home, as a scribbled him in my sketchbook, was for him to become a softie. Well, I finally got around to turning him for these stitches to this:

My little Cozy softie!

He has been keeping me company in my new workspace/study. This is the first time I have had a real space dedicated to being crafty. Before I've worked at dining tables, dressing tables, sofas, beds and any spot of floor I could avoid being trodden on, always being in someone's way and having to pack everything up as the room was needed for its proper use. The time that could have been productive, felt wasted with all the packing, unpacking and trying to work out which room I was working in when I last saw the pincushion. So this space is fantastic!!

I went to the big blue box that is ikea and got myself a huge desk (apparently it is an *average* size desk, but its at least 5 times bigger than the console table I was using before and I do have to stretch to reach anything), this super happy swivel chair and one of those fantastic expedit bookcases. There is something about those bookcase that makes you feel you will be super organised and therefore very productive. That is why there are no pictures of the room I am so proud to have, the organised dream is looking very much like chaos right now albeit creative chaos (ha!)
 

Even with all the chaos, house 2 is becoming more and more a cozy home every day I spend here :)

And speaking of homes, the Blueberry Bandit has another bashful whale looking for a home. At the moment, I am fighting the urge to adopt her and let someone else have a cute whale in their life, but I am oh-so tempted

Sending cozy wishes to all
xo

3 comments:

  1. I love your cozy home too! And, just wanted to let you know I'm giving you an award. :)http://pipstitch.blogspot.com/2008/07/only-about-month-late.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear that you are finding some space for your wonderfulness! By the way I have left you something over at frazzy dazzles. Cheers - Jen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!
It's so nice to hear what you think...