Friday 11 July 2008

Perfect Movies

There is a long list of films that I call my favourites. 
If asked, I can never pick an all-time favourite movie, but most of the time there is one on that list that I am obsess over. 

This is my current can't-get-it-out-of-my-mind film:


It is such a beautiful film, I really believe I love everything about it.
I love the awkward love story, the characters and all their flaws. I'm pretty sure if I meet them in real life they would drive me nuts, but I still adore each one deeply. I love the sets and setting of the film, the colour, the music and the dreams...

I love that I begin to believe stephane's dreams are real too. How fantastic would it be to live in a world where not everything had to be real, where cities could be made from toilet rolls and where fabric creations come to life?

Most of all, I love the way the film looks. It is so proud to show cardboard sets, the stitches on birds, and all the beautifully naive stop-motion. I smile every time something handmade appears, and my heart bursts as it comes to life. 

Thanks for letting me share my current obsession with you. I'd love to hear about yours too and maybe find some new films to add to my list. 

I'm feeling very sleepy now and off to dream about my own Golden the Pony Boy. 
Sweet dreams All
xo

* All the pictures came from here

1 comment:

Thanks for your comment!
It's so nice to hear what you think...