Saturday 24 January 2009

Big Love

Bigger versions of little Valentine stitches...
(accompanied by too big pictures still. Blogger.... grrr!)


I just couldn't resist turning Lovely Heart into a softie. At the moment he/she is hand size, good for mini hugs, but I'm thinking a head-size one would be pretty cool too... is it weird to make yourself a Valentine present? hee hee


I also grew the Loveheart Sweet stitches into a handsized plush too.
Really this one started as an experiment to see if I could still do free hand machine embroidery, which was taught in college (which I realised was much further in the past than I remembered, or wished, it to be *sulk*).  I got the urge to try again after seeing someone doing it on one of old Project Catwalk repeat (which is the British version of Project Runway but just not quite as good. Thankfully they show both here, season 5 just started... Yay!). Big letters on felt? Simple enough, but finer fabrics, no feed dog and pretty patterns is going to need some more practice! 

Now I just have to make a broken heart (which the fabulous Brook suggested) and a top secret gift*, and my Valentines will be all stitched up!
 
Big love to all
xo

*and of course my head sized heart ;-)

7 comments:

  1. Aww, how sweet is that?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! your stitching looks great! :]

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks so sweet! And I just love the little penguin you posted some time ago, penguins are the best! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! Just letting you know, I gave you an award! Check it out over at my blog: http://andreasgarden.blogspot.com/2009/01/whole-bunch-of-stuff.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!
It's so nice to hear what you think...