Wednesday 21 January 2009

Sweet Valentine

My favourite love token has to be, without a doubt, those simple little loveheart candies.


To me, they are just the sweetest things and I give them as Valentines every year, so I made a little felty ode to the candy. I made my first felt lovehearts last year, they were love tokens themselves, whereas these I made as pin brooches. 


As you see, it's a simple "Love" message for my candy (although there is a couple of 'forever's at A&M's). I think this is more in keeping with my own romantic thought of the candy, rather that the way it seems to me now. 
(and doesn't that story take the fun out of giving them too! :)

The Candy Pins are in the little shop now, and I'm wishing I had a packet of the real things with me right now! 

Happy Wednesdays!
xo

P.s. I have been having trouble with all my pictures loading way too big and being cut off :(
I've had a look around the big old internet and can't seem to find any answers, other that it not just me. I've had to change the template as a quick fix, but anyone have any other ideas?

1 comment:

  1. I ♥ your tiny little precise stitches. My question is, how do you get your spacing so even? I have finally started going into the "edit html" and messing with it there, but there are still big gaps in my posts :P

    I guess you get what you pay for...and Blogger is free! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!
It's so nice to hear what you think...