Thursday 8 January 2009

Hooked!

Ever year I make the longest list of resolutions for the new year.
There are the things I will add to a daily routine and last about a week.
Big things I will do this year, which are forgotten by February,
and small things which can wait until 'next' month.

This year I actually seem to be making one happen!

*Learn to crochet....


...tick!

Yes, thanks to Santa, the wool shop and the super fantastic "Stitch 'n Bitch: The Happy Hooker" I have an odd little assortment of samples and am completely ga ga about crocheting. I thought I was going struggle as I have not-quite-successfully knitted on and off for years, and two attempts of stitching into a chain almost drove me insane but then something clicked and wow crocheting is fantastic and so natural to me (sorry Nanna!). I am so proud of my little green circle up there, I was dancing round the house :)

A couple of my other resolutions are going well too including *Be Happy and *Never run out of socks but I think most will need a bit more time - *Act my age springs to mind! 
How are your resolutions going?

And finally for no other reason that she is the same colour as my favourite wooly circle, meet my new garden friend...


The squirrels have all but disappeared with the frosty weather around here and in their place, I keep spotting her pecking worms and the like out of our lawn. Today she was so close I manage to get a photo from the window and be sure she was a girl (males have a red stripe under their eyes apparently), so here she is my little green friend with a bright red hair-do! 

Hope you're having lovely Thursdays!
xo

4 comments:

  1. Happy new year to you too!!
    And hooorrraaayyy for crocheting! Isn't it the best?? I'm a mega supporter of crochet since I've been doing it for 11 years. ;D Can't wait to see what you make with your new skills.
    <3
    Carolyn Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yippee! Glad to have you join us "hookers" ☺ When I first learned I had the same experience...it just clicked all of a sudden! Fun stuff, indeed.

    ps...What a beautiful bird! I have never heard of a green woodpecker. All of ours are black/white with red heads.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the stitch n bitch books. They are what really taught me to knit. My grandma taught me the basics but I learned A LOT from the book! Can't wait to see what you make!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a brilliant photo of a woodpecker, I'm envious! Well done on discovering you're new crocheting skills! Its great isn't it?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!
It's so nice to hear what you think...