Wednesday 29 October 2008

Darling Little Nervous Niles

I would like to introduce you to a dear bunny friend of mine...

Niles

Niles is a nervous little fellow. He likes to stay at home, with a cosy blanket, a cup of tea and lots of cookies, seeing the world through books and movies. 

He wishes he was a more confident bunny and hope to travel to new places one day. Studying the encyclopaedia (his favourite book) has pluck up his courage and he is ready to go out into the big old world.


Niles looked so nervous the moment I finished him, almost like the world was a little too big for him. He looked even more nervous when he sat with the other softies and I felt I had to wait a little while before sending him out into the world. He is definitely ready for his adventure now and I hope he finds a lovely friend who will take him on it. 

Niles is my favourite bunny yet. I don't really know a bunny until I sew the eyes and I try not to plan how they'll turn out. I like the surprise and it feels like the bunny has its own personality, rather than I'm just making up stories for them. That probably sounds a little nutty, but I really feel they have a character that comes from the stitching, not my imagination. 

And so, my darling little bunny friend sits a little nervously on a floaty shelf in the little etsy shop, waiting to see where the world will take him

xo 

4 comments:

  1. Well, Ms. Jenny it doesn't seem like he got to sit for very long!! I popped over to take a look, and he has already found a new owner. Congrats to you AND Niles ☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. He needs a girlfriend!!! Nervous Nelly!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah! totally. a girlfriend. LOL ;]
    he's IS full of personality!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Niles is adorable! I'm sure he'll be happy in his new home :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!
It's so nice to hear what you think...