Friday 30 October 2009

Halloween Jumble...

'Tis the night before Halloween and I have a couple of things to share...



I finally remembered to get a picture of the Pumpkin Mini Garland in my window, much better to see them hanging I think. And it was lovely to see them and the treat bag on the wonderful DIY blog,

This is a link I definitely should have shared sooner as you will want to get making the things you find there straight away! If you don't know of One Pretty Thing already, it is a wonderful collection of craft, food and decor tutorials all put in one place. Rachel arranges the daily posts by theme and the Halloween ones have been amazing!! Its always my first stop when someone asks if I know a pattern or a tutorial... I have pointed so many friends this way I'm surprised I have sent you over there sooner too!



A tutorial I found through One Pretty Things was this one for Monty Pythons' Chocolate Crunchy Frogs. I made these a while ago for my Dad's birthday... but I was remind when he mentioned they would make good Halloween treats.  I think someone wants me to make more which isn't too surprising as they tasted really good! The tutorial is chocolate covered gummy haribo frogs with popping candy. I struggled to find many frogs in my packets so I used the sugary foamy apples as well and you couldn't tell the difference in shape and they had a bit more crunch! I've since found you can buy a bag of frogs and all the other ingredients at this wonderful old fashioned online sweet shop...

And it wouldn't be Halloween without something a little spooky...
 Le Petite Oiseau shared a link to this set of old black and white Halloween photos. All the old costumes are amazing to look through and the skulls at the beginning of the set are so cleverly done. I do love old photos especially ones that look a little ghostly. These are a couple I found recently...



An old theatre postcard... I love the moustached man in the middle the most but there is some strangely eerie about the group...



A Xmas ghost... if you look closely (click to make it larger) there are three people in the bottom right corner and you can see straight through the couple under the umbrella.

Thats about as spooky as I can bear hee hee
Have a Happy Halloween!
I'll have to go make my pumpkin to share with you tomorrow...
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!
It's so nice to hear what you think...