Wednesday 9 January 2008

An introduction and an invite to my world

Welcome to my blog!
I'm Jenny Shaw, a 23 year old "Stitcher & Scribbler". I make handmade cotton bags and small fabric items. I started making these as gifts for friends and I am very happy to now share them with you.


I have loved making things since I was small. I have studied many art and textile courses, as well as creating the items seen here. I thoroughly enjoy creating every item and hope they will bring a little happiness to all who see them.


The idea of a one-off piece is important to me. I like to have things that are a little bit different from what is readily available, and for me, handmade goods are a brilliant way to do this. Each of my pieces is unique, hand-sewn and hand-drawn by myself. No two will be exactly the same and each piece will have a little character of its own. 


Thank you for taking the time to look at my work. It really means the world to me.

jenny

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!
It's so nice to hear what you think...