Monday 3 March 2008

Super Mum Day

I hope you all had a lovely Mother's Day yesterday.


My mum was of course the inspiration for 'Super Mum' so I made her a little Super mum card.

Super Mum was made in a felt form and hung from a window cut in the card. She look all normal from the front, but behind she wears a cape with an 'S' for Super Mum.
I was making a Super Mum doll too, but I was quite ill at the weekend and it wasn't finished in time. 

And since it was Mother's day and my present wasn't ready, I decided to cook. I made a spaghetti carbonara, which was rich and yummy (or so Mum says!) and called for 6 egg yolks. I didn't want to waste the whites, so today I made a late Mother's day dessert. 

'Forgotten Pudding'

So called because you put it in a hot oven, turn the heat off and forget about it overnight, although mine was 'forgotten' until the oven was cold, which was about 4 and a half hours. It is a spongy meringue covered in cream and fruit. I used the recipe from this cookbook, lovely and easy.

I'm off to cuddle up with hot tea and a sketchbook.
Have a lovely Monday

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!
It's so nice to hear what you think...