Sunday 13 April 2008

Red Flowers

A couple of the bigger totes, mentioned at the end of my last post.

I have decide to go with a little theme of my girls to have flowery names and their corsages to match. 


"Rose" Shopper

Rose is a thoughtful girl. She sees happiness and beauty all around.
Her corsage is a very simple rose with pretty stitched edging and a red button in the centre. 




"Poppy" Shopper

Poppy has a young soul. She dreams of childhood games and collecting flowers.
Her poppy corsage has a stitched edging and lots of raised french knot seeds in the centre.

The bags themselves are 36x27 cms, a good shopper size and will hold the chunkiest issue of your favourite magazine. They are made from 100% cotton with a slight wrinkled look, giving a rustic look (which can be seen in the pics if you look closely and I think add to the charm of the girls), and the handles are triple-stitched so nice and strong. All bags can be hand-washed at a low temperature.
Each is drawn by hand, with their name and my scribble of the inside.
More pictures here.

These two girls are at the shop now.

I hope you all are having a lazy end to your weekend. I have a date with a cup of tea and my sewing machine now, but I'll be back tomorrow with more goodies.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!
It's so nice to hear what you think...