Monday 21 April 2008

To the happy couple,

A cake I have been waiting and waiting to share.

The Wedding Cake Softie


Made from felt, lace and lots of stitches. 
It is three tiers (and 13cms) high, trimmed with gorgeous beaded lace, ribbon flowers and embroidered with happy face and names/date stitched on the side.



This is my most exciting project yet. 
When my friend asked me to make a wedding version of my birthday cake softie, I just jumped at the chance. I was very busy with this cake for quite awhile, and at times I was bursting to share little glimpses. Making this cake was so much fun, shopping for lace and embroidering those eyes were my favourite parts. 


I have to thank my friend, Claire, who asked me to make this cake and of course a mention to; 

Robyn and Dean, who married on the 19th of April 2008
Hope you have a long, happy life together

xo

1 comment:

Thanks for your comment!
It's so nice to hear what you think...